With COVID case numbers declining we are planning to resume in-person Sunday morning worship services at our church beginning March 7, 2021. Attendees will be limited to 25 per service at 8:30 or 10:00 a.m. Recommended COVID protocols will be in effect such as facemasks, RSVP’s for services, and social distancing.
For your convenience those precautions are listed below:
- Masks will be required at all services and must always be worn.
- We ask attendees to please abstain from physical contact. Instead of handshakes or hugs, we prefer that you practice verbal welcoming with a warm “glad to see you” or “hello.”
- We further invite attendees to please not linger before or after services to reduce possible physical contact.
- There will be no greeters at the door and no receiving line at the end of the service inorder to reduce physical contact as much as possible.
- The pink slips, that in the past were used for visitors, will now be used for attendance. This is so that we will have a weekly list and contact information for each attendee.
- There will be no ushers receiving offerings. Offering plates and/or baskets will be placed at the back of the worship area and members will be invited to place their offerings and attendance slips in these upon exiting the service.
- Family groups/individuals will be asked to keep a 6-foot distance between themselves and other worshipers at all times, especially in the pews.
- There will be no singing. This is in keeping with guidelines that have been set forth bythe CDC and our denomination to reduce the possibility of particulate transmission.
- Bibles and hymnals will be removed from the pews to reduce the possibility of contact transmission.
- Communion will be offered using pre-filled individual sealed servings.
- Bulletins will be available for pick up as you enter the worship area.
- There will be no coffee or fellowship times planned before or after services.
- Always use your best discretion as to whether you should attend. Please do not feel obligated to be at church. If you are experiencing any flu or cold-like symptoms, have traveled to any high alert area, or have any reason to believe you may be infected, we encourage you to be proactive in the protection of others and remain home. We are certain that none of us want to be responsible for transmitting this virus to someone who is at increased vulnerability to it.
- Signs will be placed on all bathroom doors and in each of the bathrooms reminding everyone to please wash hands thoroughly before exiting.
- Volunteers will be requested to help clean and prepare worship areas before each service.
- In addition, to accommodate our congregational size we will once again be resuming both 8:30 AM and 10 AM worship services. Members will be required to RSVP for either the 8:30 or 10 AM service by calling or emailing the church weekly no later than 12 Noon on Friday to let us know which service you would like to attend. You will receive either a verbal or email confirmation. This is to ensure that we can maintain safe numbers of congregants at each service. The maximum number of members that will be permitted at each service will be 25. This number allows us to continue to have space for visitors as well as worship leaders while still maintaining a group that fits within the CDC guidelines. We ask for your understanding and flexibility during these unprecedented times. If you are unable to attend one service due to attendance numbers, please consider attending the other service that week or worshiping from home using our worship videos. These videos will be continuing indefinitely.